I will be appearing in New York at the Patchogue Theatre Lobby Sunday, October 23, at 1 p.m. to tell modern people about my life in Patchogue Village during the horrible war. One of the residents has been so kind as to let me speak through her. As you know, I have been dead since 1893, but Ms. Christie bares a decent resemblance to my youthful self, I think. She has secured a costume that I think is really fine and tasteful. My appearance is part of a larger event- the fourth Patchogue Arts Festival. Click on the link to find out more information on the other events in Patchogue that day: http://patchoguetheatre.com/102311.htm .
![]() |
| In my 40's in the late 1840's I was a force to be reckoned with. |
In the theater lobby, Ms. Christie will be speaking words taken directly from my diary and lectures. Main Street is much changed since 1861 and my house is gone, but it is so exciting to give a talk after being silent in this realm for hundreds of years. I hope to see you there along with people of all ages and both sexes from the village.
Elizabeth Oakes Smith

No comments:
Post a Comment