I've been a docent now for almost 10 years! Here are some different costumes and other images from over that time ...
 |
| The Library at Havens Homestead, Center Moriches, NY |
 |
| The hearth kitchen at Ketcham Inn |
 |
| Ketcham Inn, Center Moriches, NY |
 |
| With my children at Havens Homestead, Center Moriches, NY |
 |
| Diane Schwindt’s Apple fritters cooked in lard |
 |
| Helping Diane Schwindt cook on her outdoor hearth at Brewster House, Setauket, NY. |
 |
| My daughter plays Chess in a Tavern; don’t judge. |
 |
| The older section of Havens Homestead dates back to before British occupation of Long Island. I look ready for that, maybe. |
 |
| My sweet daughter on the porch at Havens Homestead is tour bait in her costume. 😝 |
 |
| Beautiful oak staircase at Havens Homestead was designed by Architect Issac Greene. |
 |
| Hungry between tours |
 |
| Beautiful cake at grand opening of Ketcham Inn as a living museum. |
 |
| Entertainment on the porch at Havens Homestead |
 |
| Can you tell I’m terrified of the hearth fire? |
 |
I don’t live here; I’m just pretending. Porch at Havens Homestead |
 |
| With Bert Seides, KIFI President, on the occasion of the grand opening of historic Ketcham Inn following years of restoration. |
 |
| Library at Havens Homestead |
 |
| Tavern at Ketcham Inn, wearing a Reproduction of a 19th Century silk pageant costume. |
Office at Ketcham Inn, time to get into costume
 |
| With my niece and brother at Brewster Homestead, Setauket, NY |
Guest-teaching the American Revolution in Elementary School.
 |
| It looks like this was taken after Count Dracula bit me. Lol |
 |
| 20th Century- finally. |
 |
| Helping Diane Schwindt at the Setauket Apple Festival. |

 |
| 21st Century husband takes selfies in the hearth while Diane and I bust our … |
 |
| Ketcham Inn Foundation President Bert Seides stacking wood with my son. |
With 21st Century husband.
 |
| With 18th Century husband, (fake news). |
 |
| Which husband is this today? |
With fake husband Ben Havens in Havens Homestead for Sold out Tavern Night, (a Ketcham Inn Foundation fall fundraiser).
 |
| It’s the 1860’s; I’m not bored. |
 |
| Before I realized I have no servants, I spent my days posing in front of the vestibule |

Wearing gloves in August is the secret to looking authentically miserable in pictures.
 |
| Survival tip: Don’t wear a giant hoop skirt on a winding staircase. |
 |
| Which is more exciting: being able to vote, or voting in a real fur? IDK! |
 |
| I have to tell everyone about this coat. |
 |
| This happened at Havens Homestead |
When Mrs. Q, NYC docent and historian, visited Ketcham Inn.
 |
| Waiting to take dinner out to the dining room |
 |
| That was the wrong day to hand me an authentic British musket. |
 |
| At Havens Homestead |
Ketcham Inn 2022
No comments:
Post a Comment